Have you been involved in an accident at work?
Accidents at Work
Your injuries may have been relatively minor, serious or you may have had to face a loved one losing their life after an accident at work. Whatever the circumstances of your accident at work we can help you.
Your employer is required by law to ensure that you are kept safe whilst you are at work and as a result if you have an accident at work and your employer is responsible, then you are entitled to make a claim for your injuries. We understand that you will be hurt, upset and worried about your job, but making a claim for compensation against your employer does not mean that your job is at risk, as your employer is not able to dismiss you for claiming compensation as a result of your accident.
- Have you had a work accident? You may have suffered injury because, your employer wasn’t complying with health and safety regulations
- Or because a fellow employee made a mistake
- Or because an outside contractor was careless (i.e. a building accident)
- Or because you were provided with defective equipment
If we can show that the accident was your employer’s fault or happened in the circumstances above we can claim from insurers.
The average award for a workplace accident was €28,8856*
Figures obtained by P.I.A.B Annual Report, 2014
Types Of Work Accidents*
There are many different types of work accidents. Some of the most common ones are:
- Building sites or Construction Accidents
- Farm Accidents
- Accidents due to inadequate training
- Industrial Deafness / Disease / Lung Disease
- Struck by moving object such as a vehicle
- Slips or trips, falls from a height, or lifting or carrying objects
- The majority of accidents were to workers in the 25-24 age group (31.6%)
- Men are twice as likely to sustain a workplace injury with men accounting for 7 out of 10 awards (69.4%) compared to 3 in 10 woman. (30.6%)
- Over the past 3 years, Thursdays in November have proven to the most common days for workplace injuries
- Sundays in April have been when the least amount of accidents occurring. April was also the safest month.
Whilst these are some common types of work accidents, whatever the circumstances of your accident you should contact us today as we can advise you if you have a claim or not. Our expert team are available to offer advice.
There are several ways of getting in touch with us. You can call us on 01 903 6250 to discuss your query, or if you prefer to contact us online you can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or complete our Start Your Claim form by completing the form below or simply click on our Request a Call Back button above and we’ll be in touch shortly.
Every case is different and before we make a decision we will need to discuss your case with you in detail. In many cases, it will be clear from the outset that you will succeed in being fully compensated. If however we believe you have no case, we will tell you immediately.