Have you been affected by Cyber Crime?
Our Advice: Protect yourself online.
- Choose strong, long passwords & keep them safe. Regularly change them.
- Don’t open attachments in emails that you’re not expecting – they could contain a virus.
- Download an anti-virus software package, which provides online banking security, onto every PC or laptop device that they use to access online eBanking. Most banks provides WSA Antivirus software free of charge – contact your bank for details.
Being affected by Cyber Crime can be an upsetting experience which may result in both financial and data loss.
- Protect your personal information: Do not share with anyone online or on the phone.
- Never EVER divulge your password or the code for your online banking to anyone – NOT EVEN YOUR BANK.
- If you suspect you are the victim of cyber crime act immediately. Contact your bank.
- Regularly read all security recommendations on your bank website.
Cyber Crime is happening all around us.
Always be vigilant. If you suspect foul activity contact your bank or software provider immediately. Being the victim of Cyber Crime can be a traumatic experience. Our expert team are available to offer free advice regarding your claim.
If you or your company are the victim of Cyber Crime talk to our expert team today. If you need help or advice on what to do, there are several ways of getting in touch with us. Our team aim to respond within 24 hours.