Have you had an oil spill on your property?

Has your home or property been damaged by an oil leak or oil contamination from a neighboring property? In many homes oil is used for heating and a spill has never occurred, however sometimes oil contamination can happen. This can happen for many reasons such as heating equipment or delivery problems in your property or a neighboring property.

If you are the victim of oil contamination Gary Matthews Solicitors are available to offer the necessary support, advice and will make a claim on your behalf to ensure you get the best outcome possible.

Who is going to clean the oil spill up?
You do not have to worry about hiring specialists. We do this for you!

We at Gary Matthews Solicitors have access to Irelands leading  providers of rapid response emergency services, who have the necessary expertise and experience to provide the oil clean up solutions required. We will contact them within 1 hour of your call (no matter what the time!) and the relevant team will be with you within 24 hours.

You might have on oil spill if:

  •  You  Can smell Oil
  •  You see standing oil or oil stains on the basement floor near the tank or furnace
  • You see oily patches or stains on the ground in your yard
  •  You smell oil when you turn on water

The person responsible for the cleanup of the contamination is generally determined by who is responsible for the spill. This will either be yourself (through your household insurance policy) if the spill originated on your own property, or the owner/insurance company of the neighbouring property where the oil spill has occurred.

What do I need to do?

  • If possible turn off the oil supply immediately.
  • Contact Gary Matthews Solicitors immediately on tel (01) 903 6250 who will get a rapid response team to assess your property immediately. 
  • If your home is uninhabitable, check with us and check your policy to determine if you are covered for alternative accommodation.
  • Keep all receipts of costs incurred so we can include it in your insurance claim.
Whether the oil spill originated from your own property or from a neighbouring property you may be entitled to make a claim for compensation for the following;

  • Loss of rental income;
  • Cost of the remediation process (clean up)
  • Loss of use of property;
  • Diminished enjoyment of property;
  • Inconvenience associated with cleanup;
  • Diminished value of property;
  • Cost of renting alternative accommodation;
  • Food and utility expenses
  • Sickness, nausea etc.

Clients are sometimes unhappy with the work carried out by insurance companies on their property. We at Gary Matthews Solicitors offer an impartial and confidential independent advice to such clients and provide an opinion as to whether or not they are entitled to have their property properly remediated and reinstated.

Contact Gary Matthews Solicitors on tel (01) 903 6250 for a second opinion.