€2m award for Donegal couple exposed to toxic chemicals from home spray foam insulation upheld (via Independent.ie)

A €2 million award to a couple who claimed they were exposed to toxic chemicals after spray foam insulation was installed in their home has been upheld by the Court of Appeal (CoA).

The injuries suffered by Patrick and Anita Duffy were very serious and life changing, the three-judge court ruled.

The description of Mr Duffy’s injuries as “catastrophic” was not necessarily unfair in the circumstances of the case, the CoA said.

As a result of being exposed to the chemicals, Mr and Mrs Duffy both went on to develop Reactive Airways Dysfunction Syndrome (RADS). They were described by their own consultant respiratory physician as being amongst the most severe cases of RADS he had ever encountered and within the top 1pc in terms of severity.

To read the full story please visit:
https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/2m-award-for-donegal-couple-exposed-to-toxic-chemicals-from-home-spray-foam-insulation-upheld-42125539.html

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *