Schoolboy (14) awarded €40,000 after accidental scalding by noodles at school (via Irish Times)

The boy suffered significant scalding injuries and has been left with four inch scar.

A judge has approved a €40,000 damages settlement offer to a 14-year-old schoolboy who was accidentally scalded as staff at a Dublin school was preparing a noodles lunch for him.

Barrister Esther Earley told Judge John O’Connor in the Circuit Civil Court today that boiling water had poured onto the left upper thigh of Stefan Dascalu at St Michael’s House special education school on Ballymun Road, Ballygal, Dublin 9.

Ms Earley, who appeared with Keira O’Reilly of Keans Solicitors, said Stefan, of Grace Park Manor Upper, Drumcondra, Dublin, was 12 at the time, and had suffered a significant scalding injury that had been left with a four inch by three inch scar.

To read the full story please visit:

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/circuit-court/schoolboy-14-awarded-40-000-after-accidental-scalding-by-noodles-at-school-1.4848197

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *